Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Looking for an oval gable vent.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone have one of these? I have tried to make on out of various elements, but they just dont look right. I searched the forums and archibase for one, but no luck. I dont know how to make one with gdl, so I tried with walls and slabs.
Any help appreciated.
thanks

Paul
3 REPLIES 3
Erich
Contributor
It may help if you post an picture of just what you want.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Paul:

One way to fake this is to use an oval window and set the Grill to 1 Column and many (for example 10) Rows, which gives the appearance of a vent in elevation. But I will note here 2 bugs for the W Oval Fix 11 window: neither the Row or Column parameter can be set to 1 (the grill disappears) and the Row and Column parameters are reversed in the W Oval Fixed Settings (but are correct under Parameters).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,
I tried the fake route with the window, and the grills disappeared. And it just didn't look right. Will keep poking around with it and see if I can make something acceptable. Its not a real important feature, so I may just make something or just do it in a line drawing in the elevations. Thanks for the input tho.

Paul