Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Any tips on migrating to V13?

Arcadia
Booster
Shortly I will have the option of upgrading to v13 from v12. I have not done this before as I bought into the system on v12. I need to buy upgrades from cadimage for their accessory tools (they say the v12 ones won't work on v13) as well as an upgrade for the 3d edge library (which some Aus users may be familiar with). How will the upgrade affect other 3d objects I have - will they still work? What will happen when I open jobs completed in v12 in regards to objects libraries and v12 cadimage accessories? Will favourites have to be updated? Will I lose any custom materials I have created when i install the upgrade? Any help in this regards would be appreciated as I am a little nervous about the process - I have set things up pretty well for my work flow and i don't want to have to spend time re-organizing things or updating previous job files I need to work on. Thanks.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you talking about migrating a project, or setting up your environment for new projects in ArchiCAD 13? If you are only starting a new project in AC13, I don't think you will have much to worry about.

Of course there will always be something unforseen that will show up. The sooner you test it out, the better.

Now migrating an existing Teamwork project into AC13 is a different story... 🙂
Arcadia
Booster
I'm talkiing about both really. I will have half completed jobs that will need to be finished in V13 and I will then have new projects to complete and template to update and work environment to update.
Erika Epstein
Booster
In AC 13 in the Help menu>Archicad 13 Reference Guide there is a section on migrating projects to 13. It's not difficult. Archicad comes with an AC12 Migration Library. It will automatically convert many standard library parts to its AC13 counterpart.
You will have to redo Favorites. You will also want to look through the New features guide for new options and settings some of which have been discussed here.
Make a copy of your file before migrating to AC13. Try one project first to get familiar with the process and what is new.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Arcadia
Booster
You will have to redo Favorites.
This is going to be a PIA. I have heaps of fave's set up.
Erika Epstein
Booster
What is PIA?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Dwight
Newcomer
Pain in the Architecture.
Dwight Atkinson
Arcadia
Booster
Erika wrote:
What is PIA?
"Pain in the ass". This is not just Aus slang is it? In other words a nuisance.
Anonymous
Not applicable
""Pain in the ass""
It's worse than that, if I get this right.
So all my favorites settings GONE
in upping to 13?
lec
Karl Ottenstein
Arcadia wrote:
This is not just Aus slang is it?
No, although we Yanks usually include the article, making it PITA, as in: "W T F! That's a PITA!" 😉

K

(Note that W T F if spelled as one word gets censored: WTF!!)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB