Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Problem with WIBU Box key and ArchiCAD 13 installation (503)

Michael Looney
Participant
I had a demo version of 13 on my computer for which trial period elapsed. I purchased 13 upgrade from my dealer along with a replacement WIBU Key. (My laptop stolen last week with the WIBU Key , long story) Started the trial version which, I believe, should have opened up as a commercial license, but would not open. I have removed the trial version and reinstalled from the disk - now getting message "all available licenses are being used please try again later (503) run in demo or quit.

This is a stand-alone PC, no network, single license, single user. ArchiCAD 11 and 12 start just fine. I re-installed WIBU-Key from the 13 cd - no luck again. I had a demo of Ecodesigner on board with the trial version of 13, that has been uninstalled. I selected WIBU key, not meter, during installation. Removed and re-installed 13 again. same deal.

This has been a week in hell in the vortex of everything goes wrong
Windows 10 Pro, ArchiCAD 6.5-22
Lumion 9.0
Dell Precision 7730 [64GB RAM | NVIDIA QUADRO P5200 16GB RAM | XEON E-2186M 6 CORE 2.9Ghz
9 REPLIES 9
Karl Ottenstein
It sounds like your replacement key may not be upgraded properly perhaps? With the key plugged in, go to the key upgrades site where you can read off your key content:

https://upgrade.graphisoft.com/

Select the photo of your key, allow the applet to access the info on your computer. The next screen will list all of the licenses stored on the key. Does it show AC 13?

This is something that your dealer should take care of, but it is the weekend...

What is your operating system?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Michael Looney
Participant
Windows XP professional - I did not think of going to the uprage site but I will try it - should that not have been done for the key/ anyway, in an ongoing string of luck the site has 'banned' me for my descritption of the past week of my life, yet i was able to log back on. My apologies to anyone offended by my last post.

Between this economy and the theft of the computer (with a lot of lost work ) I am out of positive vibes

Thanks for your kind reply
Lumion 9.0
Dell Precision 7730 [64GB RAM | NVIDIA QUADRO P5200 16GB RAM | XEON E-2186M 6 CORE 2.9Ghz
Michael Looney
Participant
Thanks for the tip - I think that worked!!
Lumion 9.0
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Michael,

The system automatically bans based on certain criteria ... but sends a message to all moderators for one of us to investigate. I "unbanned" you when I responded. 😉

Please explain more about things working now ... are you saying that the upgrade site showed the key was not enabled for 13, but allowed you to upgrade it? Or?

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Michael Looney
Participant
The key showed that it was set for 12, when I went to the upgrade site it allowed it to upgrade to 13 so it appears the system knew I had subscribed to 13.
Lumion 9.0
Karl Ottenstein
Great! Wanted to make the solution clear for anyone else who might run across this thread. Glad that worked! 🙂
vistasp
Advisor
And after that trial by fire, welcome to the ArchiCAD community.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem - thanks to this topic i could solve it!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem but when i run the key upgrade it says "Keyplug is empty"

Any suggestions?

I can only open Archicad 13 in demo mode