Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 14 New Features

Dennis Lee
Booster
See what's on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Archicad#g/c/5C1926DD91A70C7B

Personally, not much in it for me at all!
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
310 REPLIES 310
Anonymous
Not applicable
"NeckoFromSarajevo" wrote:
if this is a ARCHICAD 14 update then it SUX and it SUX a LOT !
Most of users dont need this stuff cos my everyday problem is how i will draw a stair, wall, roof, facade . . . What to export to IFC if i cant model it.
This is soooooo cosmetic... All problems that you have now - you still have them

I hope that Autodesk will bring GS to its knees and then buy them...ofc
You see confirmation in archicad 14 that Revit WINS. Revit is going to be a standard and there is no way that i need to update from AC13 to AC14.
There is a need to change a software. I will definetly finish my last project in archicad and left it behind me cos i will start to learn Revit. If i ever wish to return to AC - it will be easy...cos nothing changes here

I totally agree with you.
Graphisoft is going its product in completlly wrong direction.
Archicad should provide modeling tools first then collaboration opions.
I don't need teamwork when I can't model my project.

AND FOR GOD SAKE MAC INTERFACE STILL LOOKS THE SAME!!!
Graphisoft why you are not listening to your customers?

I'm leaving archicad and moving to Rhino.

Bye
mikoaj wrote:
AND FOR GOD SAKE MAC INTERFACE STILL LOOKS THE SAME!!!
Graphisoft why you are not listening to your customers?
It is good that interface does not change too much - You may not remember what hapened when AC 10 had remodelled menu...
And You may not have heard the Revit users after the hated ribbon had been implemented?
I'm leaving archicad and moving to Rhino.
So it looks like You never needed CAD for architectural design?

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone.
I am a Revit (RAC) user, but from time to time I follow this forum.
After watching the videos, it seems to me that AC users are getting what the Revit users got with the 2010 update.
Most AC14 new features look cosmetic and surely the revit import/export tools are a big mistake from graphisoft. It may look usefull in short-term but in the end it can turn into a big market-share loss.
Please understand that I love working with revit as much as I hate autodesk commercial policies. And because of that, without competition we all loose.
Anonymous
Not applicable
People talk of Autodesks Commercial Policies - for the ignorant can anyone explain the differences wrt Graphisoft?
muril00ng
Enthusiast
I hope these videos are experimental!

The changes are minor, in my opinion. Shadows for the Open GL and some improvements for text and maps are interesting.

But,

Improvment for production of photorealistic renderings? Where?

Improvment for stair's moddellig?

3D rotation? (even if it is contained here in archicad warehouse)

Creation of intelligent objects more easy (I'm not a programmer)?

I really love ArchiCAD, but they need to change urgently on these aspects!
TMA_80
Enthusiast
feio49 wrote:
Most AC14 new features look cosmetic and surely the revit import/export tools are a big mistake from graphisoft. It may look usefull in short-term but in the end it can turn into a big market-share loss.
maybe GS is trying to do what Apple did with Bootcamp (runing Windows inside a MAC )..it didn't hurt Apple that much , on the contrary it seems to have been a wise decision.

however; i really hope there are some other hidden features .as it obvious that this release is apparently the 'missed half' for the 13th version.

Speaking about the 12 month cycle , Autodesk is somehow bringing it to 6 months appoximatively as it offers for those who are in suscription some added fonctionalities before the official release. could GS deal with this new situation .

but let's _at least_ thank GS for unveiling these videos (even it was without any annoucement !?)... .

AS for the rest i think we will have to to wait for the official release of ArchiCAD 14 ? ( at least we keep the hope until then )
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
Played some of the vids tonight and have lots of questions about the robustness of the IFC links, and how well they play. I presume if I 'round-trip' some elements they stay native to the type they were originally authored with in AC(?).
So if I draw a beam with a complex profile -> goes to Revit -> (they) change the beam type -> what does it come back as? object/Complex profile beam?
New elements added in Revit->native beams/columns etc or objects?
Can the engineer get tricky and design a joint (eg an exposed pin joint)? What do we get in AC?.
Lots of questions

So while I agree with Owen - GS has to demonstrate this interoperability issue in a workable way - it is going to be fascinating to see if it is really viable or not.
Anonymous
Not applicable
All comments so valuable.
ArchiCAD still the best.
This needs honesty of each person to admit it if it has been faithful to use it.
One-one core issue that included in the list of priority releases have been completed and appears in AC14, of course I will upgrade.
Let's give a compliment.
Certainly
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Here is the official new features page from GS.com:

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/faq.html#whatsnew
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laszlo
I thought someone would be in trouble over the new features videos.
Looks like it was intentional?
lec