Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

deck railings

Anonymous
Not applicable
yet again, i'm sure there is a simple solution. i need to create a guard or handrail for a deck, but all i can find is in the stair tool, and i don't see how that will work for me. what to do?
WB
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
Open the Library tool settings box.
Set the top left box to "Find Library Parts" in stead of the default "Folder View".
Type in railings.

You can also make custom railings using the Curtain wall tool or Trussmaker addon.

HTH

Please add you OS and version of Archicad to your profile as these sometimes affect the answer.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
i did the search and only came up with a commercial steel tube guard. not really appropriate for residential deck rail. the curtain wall tool? that's it? what if i have a lovely staircase and wanted a gallery or catwalk? how do i match the stair rail? with all it's power i find it really hard to believe that there is no effective way to make a handrail. even vectorworks has a decent flexible tool. is there an online location to source objects?
Heath
Anonymous
Not applicable
hope that helps.
Picture 2.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks,
i realize that one has to choose the search words carefully. i entered everything but "rail" and found only the one. pluralize it or just use different name and the search may turn up nothing. i think i'll have to sit down one day and go through all the library files and make a mental note of all the contents. it's the only way.
thanks,
wb