Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Angled head casing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone offer suggestions as to the best way to create the head casing as shown in the attachment? It's just the angled bit in the upper corner that's tricky - I'm using the standard AC windows and the rest of the casing is easy of course.

Seems like it wouldn't be too tricky in GLD but I'm still new to AC and have only done the most basic of editing existing GDL objects.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
One way would be to make an autoscripted object.
Draw a slab the thickness and the shape of the head trim
in the plan, go to the 3D window and view the
slab at 90 degrees side view, and save
the contents of the 3D window as an object.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Once I have the object created, how would I attach it to the window? Or would it be independent of it?

Does anyone know if the D3 or any other windows and doors allow this sort of manipulation? Or the Cadimage door and window builder. Any preferences one over the other - D3 is half the cost.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The object you create is independent of the window.
Place the object in plan centered on the window,
go to an elevation view and drag the object to
the correct elevation. It would be a good idea
to make the window have lining at head to
remove the window's head casing.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess I may have to give it a try - it's really frustrating that this isn't possible within the standard windows - it seems so basic. I did some more looking and the Masonry Arch parameters that are included within the window make exactly the shape I need but it stays above the window frame, leaving a gap if there's no head casing.

If they just added that code as a casing option or let me force it below the frame, I'd be all set!!!
Aussie John
Newcomer
Chris wrote:
I guess I may have to give it a try - it's really frustrating that this isn't possible within the standard windows - it seems so basic. I did some more looking and the Masonry Arch parameters that are included within the window make exactly the shape I need but it stays above the window frame, leaving a gap if there's no head casing.

If they just added that code as a casing option or let me force it below the frame, I'd be all set!!!
The standard windows have become very complex. There was a day early on when you could see what is going on in the scripts. I am not familiar with the window you are talking about but it could be a fairly simple exercise to "drop" the top of the casing with an alteration to the 3D script. Might be a good way to learn a bit about scripting. (don't forget to make a copy first)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]