Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad - Cinema 4D does not exchange after all.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The question is quite simple yet noone I know can find a solution. I created some volumes that are quite organic in Cinema 4D which would have been impossible to do with Archicad. Now I want to put it back to ArchiCad and work from there. But the problem is obvious. Whatever you import outside ArchiCad can only be imported as a GDL file. The volumes I have, I want them to be walls. You see the conflict here... While people using Allplan 2008 told me that C4D is a native support for them we are stuck with a stupid uneditable object. I don't want an object , I want to make this a wall. As far as I know this is not possible unless someone knows a workaround that I missed. CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS????

I really wonder how come they came up with Maxonform when it's totally useless since there is no difference that modeling something in any program and do the .3ds --> gdl addon. I really feel like a sucker with Graphisoft. Exchange plugin is one way , not two-way. Meaning that you only get an option of ArchiCad--->Cinema 4D yet you don't get native support for vice versa. Allplan is already there , yet we are stucked and isolated to ArchiCad when it comes to modeling. All three softwares belong to the same group yet ArchiCad is left alone. This GDL language in ArchiCad has to change soon otherwise I see a dim future for us all.
2 REPLIES 2
TomWaltz
Participant
AllPlan has been made by the same company as C4D for several years. For Archicad, it's been less than one. MaxonForm, while lame, was just one step in getting there.

Relax. Rome wasn't built in a day (nor was Athens)
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh well , I just got really disappointed after spending several weeks of studying intensively C4D to realize that all this is useless to what I want to use it for. I mean the software is there to help you visualize and create the ideas you have, not to limit them. I feel like ArhiCad developers don't share my perspective , thus the bitter comment!