Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Thin (Single Story) Marquee does not show all elements in 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just upgraded to AC12. I find that objects/library parts that are homed in a different storey, do not show up in the 3D windows even though they are marked to be visible on all stories and are visible in the floor plan window. I marquee the area (single floor only) and view that in 3D. However, if I use the all story marquee, then the part is displayed.

My two main culprits:

1. Curved stair that spans two stories
2. Wall ladder that spans 3 stories.

I do not have this problem in AC11.

I am using the same library in both the versions (ACE V1.0 for PC) and the same plan file (created in AC11).

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Anyone else have this problem?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
solitaire:

I just tested and got the same results as you: single story marquee shows all objects in ArchiCAD 11, does not show objects whose Home Story is not the current story in ArchiCAD 12. Feature or bug? I vote bug.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Karl Ottenstein
I just confirmed this as well. I'll put a question in the GS hopper on it... I would also vote 'bug'. But, reading the definition of the single-story marquee, GS might view the new behavior as a 'bug fix' - since it is supposed to display element on the current story ...and elements whose home is on a different story do not really exist on the current one, even if set to display there... (?).

A workaround (or maybe GS's intent?) to get the display-on-story elements to show in 3D is to issue a select all (ctrl-A / cmd-A) after creating the marquee. Only items within the marquee will be selected - and thus all will show up in 3D.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl

Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried it and it works.

It is a good workaround for the time being until GS fix this.

Solitaire
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Karl:

After a bit of further investigation, I think this is more of a bug:
A wall created on the story below (with appropriate Floor Plan Display and Floor Plan Cut Plane) will display in the 2D and 3D windows (with marquee) if its top is higher than the Story Elevation, but not in the 3D Window if its top is equal to or below the Story elevation. The object will not appear if its top is higher than the Story elevation, so this is inconsistent behavior. I think the simplest solution is: if you see it inside the marquee, it will appear in the 3D Window.
I tried your workaround, but did not see any difference between simply making a selection of the area with the Arrow Tool (without marquee) where the selected elements show in their entirety in the 3D Window, having the marquee present did not cut the elements (so the floor slab showed in its entirety rather than being cut to the marquee).

Thanks for taking the time to look into this and communicate with Graphisoft.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Karl Ottenstein
David wrote:
After a bit of further investigation, I think this is more of a bug:
A wall created on the story below (with appropriate Floor Plan Display and Floor Plan Cut Plane) will display in the 2D and 3D windows (with marquee) if its top is higher than the Story Elevation, but not in the 3D Window if its top is equal to or below the Story elevation. The object will not appear if its top is higher than the Story elevation, so this is inconsistent behavior. I think the simplest solution is: if you see it inside the marquee, it will appear in the 3D Window.
I tried your workaround, but did not see any difference between simply making a selection of the area with the Arrow Tool (without marquee) where the selected elements show in their entirety in the 3D Window, having the marquee present did not cut the elements (so the floor slab showed in its entirety rather than being cut to the marquee)
[Hand hitting forhead] Yes, of course you are right about the lack of cutting.

GS has entered this into the AC 12 bug queue.

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
This should now be fixed in Hotfix#2
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft