Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Jog in Elevation Dimension

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to add a jog to an elevation dimension? For use when elevation dimensions are close to each other?
6 REPLIES 6
Erika Epstein
Booster
You can't jog the string, but you could move the dimension text and add a short arrow from it to the string as done in hand drafting days.
an option, HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you are talking about dimension strings. I am talking about dimensions on exterior elevations like the ones places at story levels. Thanks
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
HAL9000:

I think Erika is referring to something like this, a line or arc could be added if needed.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bummer - I was thinking more like the jog a grid is capable of...
Erika Epstein
Booster
I've often wished for the same ability to jog the ends of the level dimensions. Story Levels can be offset, but its all or nothing, not individual like the grids.

You can manually offset the level dimension markers and move the text of same. Depending on how cluttered it gets, a little arrow, I draw mine with the spline tool, can help maintain clarity.

Make a wish if there isn't one for this. You have my vote.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Erich
Contributor
Perhaps a library part such as shown below would suffice? While this is not a Story Marker that will appear automatically, it does work well when needed.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K