BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Problems with walls T intersection and complex structures

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm having problems setting up the proper material priority in my walls complex structures. I've tried to play around with it for a while, but when it comes to T intersections as in the attached example, I can't set right.

Is there a way I can manually define the intersection line between the layers, like I can do by setting profiles for walls sections?

Thank you very much!
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
You have to change the skin priority of the composite skin in the wall composite settings box. There is no manual way (that I know of) to tell a certain skin to intersect at a certain point. It's kind of clunky, you have to go back and forth changing the priority of certain composite skins in each intersecting wall type until you get the graphic you are looking for. But beware, this will change that composite all around the project, so you might have to rework some others. I have lots of issues getting angled walls to look right in Archicad...
Anonymous
Not applicable
priorities are not allways working as they should.
use PATCH
Anonymous
Not applicable
What is PATCH??
Anonymous
Not applicable
draw a marquee around the problem area
go to Document->Document extras->Create patch
it will create a 2d library part of the marquee that wil overlap the area.
and you can modify after the appearance of the patch as you like.
it's not exactly BIM but it's fast and you can make it look anyway you like it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I tried it. It saves it as a library part? How do you alter it? It seems like a 2D element that I cannot alter. How do I do this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, it saves like object part. select it on plan, file/open object, select the 2D button and edit as you wish.
HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
AHHA!

The GDL script menu/box is all Greek to me, we have not gotten into making/writing parts, but this is a start.

That did help, thanks. Now if only life was like "The Matrix" where I could download the GDL book into my head...
Anonymous
Not applicable
you don't need gdl for this
just edit the 2d symbol of the lib part
Learn and get certified!