BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Backsaving V13 projects to V12: Working for anyone?

Chazz
Enthusiast
Both of the projects I tried to back-migrate from v13 just crash when I open them in 12. They die just after the library loading report. Has anyone got this to work?

So it looks like, once again, the upgrade is a one-way street: there's no going back. This is a bummer because 13 does not seem to be able to generate flat shade perspectives of complex projects without giving the dreaded "out of memory" warning (which even with 12 Gigs in the box, are immediately followed by crashes). V12 did these perspectives easily -or at least eventually.

The biggest pisser is that the warning asks me to consider switching to a 64 bit version of AC (I'd love to but because the Mac version is built on the the creaky, decrepit Carbon libraries there IS NO 64 bit version. Maybe they want me to go Windoze?)

V12 never looked so good until I started using 13......
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
3 REPLIES 3
Rick Thompson
Expert
Works for me fine. In fact, and I don't get this at all, I converted all my composites in AC13 to the new soft insulation which opens as the new soft insulation in AC12??? I would assume I would have gotten a missing fill warning.

I am not using any of the AC13 library, so it was using the same one in both instances.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Karl Ottenstein
I just tried this too and it seemed to work fine.

One minor thing was that the 3D window was set for OpenGL in 13, but the project saves-as-12 opened with the Internal Engine for the 3D window.

One interesting thing is that when saving as 12, an LCF was created next to the 12 pln file which contained all objects that were embedded in the 13 file, and that was automatically loaded when I opened the project in 12.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Chazz
Enthusiast
Good to hear Rick. The Library is probably the culprit. To really test this I need to make some simple projects. (but that's not much of a test as all our projects are big and complex, or so it seems)
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Learn and get certified!