Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Error message "Project has not been shared yet"

R Muller
Enthusiast
Forced out of a project. Can't get back in because "Project has not been shared yet". However, it still exists on the BIM server.

Any ideas on how to get to it?
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
11 REPLIES 11
Erika Epstein
Booster
Can you select the icon, copy and paste and open the copy?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
R Muller
Enthusiast
Erica-

I don't know what you mean by "the icon". Something on the BIM server? Something on my workstation?

I did try using BIM Server Manager to export the project as a .twpackage, then imported it as a new project. The new project had the same error message, "Project has not been shared yet".
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
Karl Ottenstein
R wrote:
Forced out of a project. Can't get back in because "Project has not been shared yet". However, it still exists on the BIM server.

Any ideas on how to get to it?
When you try to get back in, are you selecting the project from the recent files list in the start or open dialog, or are you browsing to the server and selecting it there?

If browsing to the server doesn't work, then I think the only option is to use the server manager to see if there is a project backup to roll back to. If not, you probably have to re-share the project from the original pla/pln.

Do you know what caused you to be forced out of the project?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Erika Epstein
Booster
Karl wrote:
there is a project backup to roll back to. If not, you probably have to re-share the project from the original pla/pln.
It is this backup pln that you can copy and paste to start fresh or re-share from.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Karl Ottenstein
Erika wrote:
Karl wrote:
there is a project backup to roll back to. If not, you probably have to re-share the project from the original pla/pln.
It is this backup pln that you can copy and paste to start fresh or re-share from.
Hi Erika! 🙂

Yes, you can SHARE (or RESHARE) a project from PLN format to start fresh.

But, it is not clear that a re-share is necessary. We need to know why the user was 'kicked out', and if any work had been accomplished in TW2 before that happend - and try to recover that work.

The BS Manager controls database backups and restores (rollbacks). It is not a function that can be performed directly by the user, but rather through the BS interface.

I'm talking about a corrupt BS shared file recovery, assuming some work was done on it. Re-sharing from the pln would lose all work that had been done in TW.

(Restoration of the BS TW folder from a backup drive is another option, if actual TW work had been accomplished before some error kicked users out.)

Regards,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
kevin b
Contributor
We have had similar issue, TW2 files on the BIM server, whether browsed to or from recent, give error message that they have not yet been shared. Still trying to root out the problem. Happening to isolated team members. Found the best (ie most recent) user file saved as pln and re-shared. Still trying to figure out cause, what was going on, etc. Will try and post back if we get anywhere with it.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Erika Epstein
Booster
Kevin,
I've not encountered this problem, not to say I won't from now on, but it occurred to me perhaps we are opening a TW2 project differently.

These are the steps I take:
I. Teamwork>Project>Open/Join Teamwork Project
2. Select BIM Server [where project resides] and click open
3. Select Project from list on BIM Server.

What are the steps you are taking, if different?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

kevin b
Contributor
We have come across it that way as well as going to file open and selecting from the recent files list. At this point it seems random, I can't recreate the problem specifically yet. But it has happened a couple of times and with a couple different users, on a couple different projects.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have experienced this twice now. Once it locks us out, we cannot access the files again. Is there anyway to recover the work from the BS files? There seems to be no solution to this. Our latest work was on the BIM server