BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD Dongle

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an old ArchiCAD dongle I used for 6.5. Is there an adapter that will connect it to a USB port on my PowerMac G4? Will it be able to run ArchiCAD 10?
3 REPLIES 3
You have to upgrade your 6,5 to 13, the plug you have will work with 6,5 and previous versons (some)

Best Regards,
Piotr
Barry Kelly
Your reseller should be able to arrange a swap for your old parallel port dongle to a USB dongle.
I can't say if they will want to charge a fee or not for this.
But you will need to pay for the upgrades to run newer versions.
The old parallel port key can be upgraded to run anything up to the current version.
We still have one we use but not on a Mac - you will need a parallel printer port.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I occasionally ArchiCAD 6.5 with a an old ADB (Apple Desktop Bus) Rainbow Dongle in Classic mode via OSX 10.4.11 on a Apple Mac G5 (not often it has to be said !)

You need an IMate USB to ADB adapter (made by Griffin) with the current OSX software for the iMate set to "Classic claims iMate". Also install the OS9 iMate drivers. (iMate adapters appear on ebay sometimes).

Then you need the last version of the OS9 Rainbow dongle drivers installed in your Classic System folder (download from the Rainbow website).

ArchiCAD 6.5 runs faster on a G5 in Classic mode than on any OS9 booting G4 (iMate will also work on a G4 with OS9)

Regards,

Nick
Learn and get certified!