Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Dwg Translator

Arcadia
Booster
I am trying to figure out how I can set up the translator so that the archicad layers are renamed to specified names so that when the file is opening in AutoCAD the layer names are not the same as the Archicad layers I use but the specified ones in the translator.

I have setup the layer name conversion with all the layer names I want but the preview still shows <ACLayerName> and when I convert I still get the archicad layers. Am I missing something?
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
If I remember correctly, the easiest way is to create a DWG with those layers (you can export a PLN as DWG for that) and use it as a reference file.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Arcadia
Booster
Yep I just figured that out (its called a template file) and am now able to select a destination layer from a drop down list when assigning the layer name conversions. However when I convert I still get the archicad layers exporting to the dwg file rather than exporting to the layers I want.
Eduardo Rolon
In Autocad are the objects grouped? If so what happens when you explode the group?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Arcadia
Booster
Your last post prompted me to double check the conversion settings. I actually deleted all the layer conversions and re-did them and its working now. Thanks.