Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Can't Load Favorites in Teamwork 2.0

kevin b
Contributor
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

We are using AC13 and TW 2. We are fairly well organized with templates and libraries, office favorites, etc. We have favorites saved with the template file so they load automatically. I have saved favorites from that file so that they can be loaded into files that have old favorites or they get modified.

I can take an older file, one created with a previous version and has old favorites associated with it, and I can load the new favorites, as long as the new libraries are loaded, and they work fine if I am in a .pln. I get the do you want to merge or replace dialog, and everything works as expected.

I am now finding that if the project has been shared as TW2 with the old favorites, when I go to the favorites menu and try to load to office favorites, nothing happens. No asking if I want to merge or replace, and the favorites are unchanged. I don't get any kind of error message, it just ignores me. Yes I have clicked the Reserve button in the favorite palette.

I have tried reserving all the libraries thinking that may be associated somehow but nothing seems to work. Obviously the work around is to save as solo file, load the right ones and reshare but thats a PIA and we have many projects that might need to be updated this way.

Anyone else running into this? Is it a bug? Am I missing something?
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
3 REPLIES 3
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Not sure, but probably you have to reserve the favorites in advance.
kevin b
Contributor
Three years later....
Still can't "Load Favorites" in Teamwork. Looks like the only change is that now it at least greyed out so you know nothing is happening. Not that it comes up often due to good template file management but when it does come up it is still an issue, having to get an entire team to save everything leave a project, save it as solo, load favorites, and reshare. Any possibility this gets fixed?

I am in the teamwork file, Reserve All, my role as "Admin" gives me access to everything I can check off in BIM Server Manager, etc. In theory, I should be able to do anything in the file.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Kevin,

I just tested this real quick and for me it worked well. From the point I reserved the Favorites palette (Reserve All or just Reserve that one) I could load favorites.

Does this happen in all of your projects? Please try to share an empty AC 17 template and check this out.

Let me know the results,
Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT