Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Can't see elements when dragging

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone else experienced this:

When trying to draw a line or move/drag any element, you can't see where your draging it to or what your doing - but it still creates it.
So i can draw a line for instance, but you can see the line as it's being drawn, you can only see it when you finish drawing it, or if you move a wall or object, you can't see the wall or object moving but once you select where to move it to...it moves.

It might seem strange, but opening an elevation and moving any element in elevation usually fixes the problem.

Can anyone shed any light on this annoying bug?

Cheers,

Simon
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
This sort of thing is typically (always?) a display driver problem. I had a similar problem intermittently (thankfully rarely) on my old MacBook Pro. As I recall I had to restart ArchiCAD to get it working.

Check to be sure you have the latest drivers for your display card.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a question about this
When I drag an object I see only the outline box, not the object itself. This is annoying as it also happens for rotation etc.
Is this normal? I would like to be able to see the actual object itself as I move it around.
I have just updated my drivers
Anonymous
Not applicable
upintheclouds wrote:
I would like to be able to see the actual object itself as I move it around.
This would be nice. I imagine that it is considerably more complex to program and might introduce evan more display driver issues. It took quite a few years before the 2D views were live views of the actual elements as they are dragged around. This was true of Mac and Windows as well. Presumably this will come in due time. At least the elements are outlined in detail (rather than bounding boxes).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, thank you Mathew

Is it really that difficult?? Why do I have a quad processor, 500mb graphic card and 4 gigs of ram, and still cannot drag 2d object in real time???

Same goes for shadows in openGL, whats going on here?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure it's not a performance issue at this point, just development priorities. Everything takes time.
vistasp
Advisor
Wardy wrote:
It might seem strange, but opening an elevation and moving any element in elevation usually fixes the problem.
Simon, you might also try toggling 2D anti-alias in the work environment... That usually fixes it for me.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
vistasp wrote:
Wardy wrote:
Simon, you might also try toggling 2D anti-alias in the work environment... That usually fixes it for me.
Thanks, I tried this and it has worked on one of the computers in the office. However we are still experiencing this problem on another computer.

Can anyone elaborate on this bug, in my opinion it is definately a graphics driver problem, but is it the video card drivers communicating with Archicad or is it the Video card communicating with the monitor? or all of the above? I'm fairly sure it's a clash between the video card driver and archicad, but how do you get around this? We updated the drivers on one of the computers and it made it is still not working, should we contact graphisoft?

Is anyone else having problems the same as this, to this extent?