Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Weird dimensioning problem of composite wall

Dave Jochum
Advocate
Hmmm...maybe it's just too late at night to be working and I've lost my mind. I'm dimensioning composite walls in plan (cores properly defined, dimension tool set to dim cores only). All is fine except I have one wall that will not hold a dimension string. I click on its face, the temp ref points correctly show on both sides of the core, I complete the string and all dimensions appear correctly except at this one d*mn wall--No witness lines, no dimension. I can syringe the wall, place two on the plan, and dimension to both of them fine. Just not this one wall. What the heck am I missing??
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm pretty sure you're not missing anything (besides the desired dimension). I sounds like a glitch, maybe a bug.

Have you tried moving the wall to see if the dimensions hold in a different location? Also try deleting and redrawing it (if you haven't already). Maybe if you disconnect it from an adjoining wall. Basically muck about with it in various wierd ways to see when it does and doesn't work, Of course this may not fix your problem, but at least it might narrow down what's going on.

One possible fix would be to select all the walls, save them as a module, delete them and then replace the module. Kind of a mini-purge of the database.

Worst case; if you can't get it to work place some hotspots and dimension to them.
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Matthew wrote:
I sounds like a glitch, maybe a bug.
Thanks, Matthew. After a good night's sleep, the head is a little clearer. It surely is a glitch of some kind. When I have a chance to get back to it, I'll try your suggestions and report back.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)