Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone heard something about Archicad 14?

what new or improved features or release date or something?

Thanks
107 REPLIES 107
Anonymous
Not applicable
i pray everyday for archicad to make revit a childs play bim tool but dat has not happened yet..............i really think gs...should be the api- archiforma and all its products made be cigraph ..........jus as autodesk bought all of revit..............
gs kindly consider theis proposed option...........or make bim as easy as BIM......dat means give us the power to build the world and its universe.........
from a die hard user
Stress Co_
Advisor
No more Quicktime VR (32bit)
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
I'd like to see an unification of features for all the tools e.g. coverfills, end angles and cutplane sensitivity, better floorplan representation of the effects of SEOs, an updated complex profile tool with individually adjustable skins and a more fluid workflow directly from the floorplan or in 3d, a design option manager possibly combined with in-place editing of modules, and finally the introduction of at least a basic 'relationship' system between certain elements.

I'm not asking for much!
Good list. I would modify the last one to be to expand on the basic relationships we already have. Walls clean up and behave as polylines. Doors and windows make their own holes. Walls, beams and columns intersect in 3D. Coplanar faces and adjoining fills clean up in elevation and section. Zones can update to changes in the enclosing walls. Skylights penetrate roofs. And of course SEOs create relationships. And so on...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Peter wrote:
I'd like to see an unification of features for all the tools e.g. coverfills, end angles and cutplane sensitivity, better floorplan representation of the effects of SEOs, an updated complex profile tool with individually adjustable skins and a more fluid workflow directly from the floorplan or in 3d, a design option manager possibly combined with in-place editing of modules, and finally the introduction of at least a basic 'relationship' system between certain elements.

I'm not asking for much!
Good list. I would modify the last one to be to expand on the basic relationships we already have. Walls clean up and behave as polylines. Doors and windows make their own holes. Walls, beams and columns intersect in 3D. Coplanar faces and adjoining fills clean up in elevation and section. Zones can update to changes in the enclosing walls. Skylights penetrate roofs. And of course SEOs create relationships. And so on...
Good point Matthew. I meant 'relationship' in the Revit sense where one piece of geometry can be made to move automatically when something else not necessarily connected is moved.

I suppose the most obvious example that AC desperately needs is the ability to link the top and bottom of a wall relative to any storey level, which would reduce much of the manual readjustment needed when the storey levels change. It would also be useful to do things like linking the roof to the top of walls, and slabs to the side of walls, as would being able to fix the position of an object to a distance from a particular corner of a room for example.
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Stress wrote:
No more Quicktime VR (32bit)
thanks !I missed that one* ! ...while it is annouced i think that such Anoucements should be linked in the GS homepage...and/or a sticky' post on the forum.

None of the dropped features_products were IMHO "sufficiently" announced:

Maxonform, sketchup addons...

* is VBE intented to replace this option ?!
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Stress Co_
Advisor
TMA_80 wrote:
* is VBE intented to replace this option ?!
It may replace it, but at an additional cost.
Current US pricing:
$645.00 w/o the open-GL Shaded rendering engine
$1,295.00 with open-GL Shaded rendering engine
(50% off if you have a subscription)

I'd like to know..... without quicktimeVR... will we be able to create "Sun Studies"??
Marc Corney, Architect

TMA_80
Enthusiast
ok . it's not what we can call 'a fair replacement'; I hope GS has a new "inbox" alternative...
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
Quicktime VR is a loss but
Lightworks in ArchiCAD is irrelevant in it's current implementation, and forces the user to look at renderers such as Artlantis, which of course offer this functionality.

However it is yet another item on our ever growing list, reflecting Graphisoft's failure to keep the various 'modules' of the software competitive with other solutions in the marketplace. That list is a depressing read...
Stress Co_
Advisor
Compared to VR scenes / VR objects...
VBE is a much nicer tool, IMHO, to share projects with clients.
If you haven't tried it... the trial version and sample file downloads are HERE
That said.... I still want my sun studies.
Marc Corney, Architect

Anonymous
Not applicable
Stress wrote:
.... I still want my sun studies.
How do you use QTVR with sun studies? I have only used straight animation for this (though typically with a stationary camera).