BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Using AutoCAD topo with 3d info in ArchiCAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an AutoCAD file with 3d topo information. I heard something about use the Mesh tool in AC to use the Autocad "Z" information. Somebody know how?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think there is any way with stock ArchiCAD, but the Architerra add on works well for this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Goood document. Duane has always done nice work. This is the manual method of building a site mesh in ArchiCAD from a 2D DWG background. I was responding to your interest in using the DWG Z values.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Goood document. Duane has always done nice work. This is the manual method of building a site mesh in ArchiCAD from a 2D DWG background. I was responding to your interest in using the DWG Z values.
AFAIK, IFC recognize sites made with meshes. What about using it to transfer from autocad (I mean Autodesk Architecture but actually, they give it to you with plain Autocad 2010) ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Philippe wrote:
Matthew wrote:
AFAIK, IFC recognize sites made with meshes. What about using it to transfer from autocad (I mean Autodesk Architecture but actually, they give it to you with plain Autocad 2010) ?
Interesting thought. I haven't tried IFC site models. Do they come in as editable meshes?

BTW; AFAIK IFC is not a part of plain AutoCAD 2010, but is included in the MEP and Architecture versions (perhaps civil as well).
Karl Barker
Participant
I think it was a Cadimage tool, but not sure.
Last year we were did a large site (impossible to use contours to put in manually) around 500 hectares. We were able to get an XYZ data file from the surveyor which I understand is the raw data that they use themselves from the site survey.
The method we used was to Merge the XYZ data file.
This created a mesh with spot heights in the correct place on a grid as we determined to the surveyor.

It is nice when it is all automated.
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

27" iMac 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i9
32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
I think it was a Cadimage tool, but not sure.
Last year we were did a large site (impossible to use contours to put in manually) around 500 hectares. We were able to get an XYZ data file from the surveyor which I understand is the raw data that they use themselves from the site survey.
The method we used was to Merge the XYZ data file.
This created a mesh with spot heights in the correct place on a grid as we determined to the surveyor.

It is nice when it is all automated.
Sounds like Architerra from Cigraph. I think it's the only add-on that can do this.
Learn and get certified!