Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Pen error message - Pen color less than 1 but greater than..

rob2218
Enthusiast
what is this and how can I fix it?
I get this error message when I load a respective floor of the building of this database.
Something about a "Pen color error message less than 1 but greater than 256....".....

Can someone please explain this to me?

thanks,
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
7 REPLIES 7
rob2218
Enthusiast
by the way...here's what the medical custom object chair looks like in 3d. Now.....do i have to 'recreate' the object using some sort of other "material"? is this what's causing the error?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
The script is looking for a Pen that doesn't exist; hence, it equals zero (or less than 1). Did you create the object using GDL, or was it created from slabs? Also, are you sure this is the Object? The warning states that the problem is with TurnPlaster.gsm.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks Laura,
you are always one of the first to respond.
the object I created with slabs and wall elements as well as custom profile pieces.

I created inside Archicad...no other program. Does there exist a program to "create GSM" objects outside of Archicad?
if so, what is it? and how easy is it to operate?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Well, "the program" is GDL scripting of an object (as opposed to modeling and "saving as" an object.

Did you have any openings in the elements you used to create the object? I ask, because of the "TurnPlaster.gsm" reference.
rob2218
Enthusiast
I was going to ask....what the heck is the "Turnplaster.gsm" ???
I created this GSM object using slabs and walls. then saved it out as a "GSM" object. I did not do any special GDL programming of this particular object.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Well, you're not very descriptive with your posts, so I'm just guessing here: TurnPlaster.gsm is probably a macro called from some opening you have in one the walls you used to create the object. This is not the best way to create an object -- slabs have a much "cleaner" script than walls, and adding openings means adding a lot of macros to the mix. With slabs, you simply "punch" holes as needed.

Model the object on it's side, using slabs, go to 3D Projection Settings, Parallel Projection, select the Side View icon and set the Azimuth angle to 90 degrees. Select the objects and view in the 3D Window -- this should be the "Top View" of the object. Save the object from there.

If this leaves you confused, there are many documents on object creation -- let me know and I can post some links.
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks for you assistance.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23