Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Label items in archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to label items.. when the mouse hovers over an item we would like a note to pop up and describe what it is.. archicad 13

thanks
14 REPLIES 14
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
cadmaster wrote:
i would think that is a basic option for a BIM program.. adding a text box would be considered old school base autocad stuff.. than a text box gets difficult when u go from 2-d to 3-d, or visa-versa
I'm sorry, but would be the purpose of this tag? You have said it is a "basic option" -- I've never heard of such a thing.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was referring to a comment made by another user.. to use a basic text box.. i was responding that a text box seems to basic for this program. mabe what im asking is beyond the limits of the program
Anonymous
Not applicable
cadmaster wrote:
I was referring to a comment made by another user.. to use a basic text box.. i was responding that a text box seems to basic for this program. mabe what im asking is beyond the limits of the program
I'm sure GS could do it if they wanted to. It's just a question of to what purpose, and is it worth the effort and added complexity.
Anonymous
Not applicable
cadmaster wrote:
...for example i have an item that i had to draw that isnt in the library.. i want a label to pop up describing what it is... a label does pop up but doesnt say what i need it to
What do you need to the 'Info Tag' to say? It currently gives the name of the object, the base elevation, and the layer the object is on when in 2d.

Are you asking to be able to display and edit (some of) the parameters of the object through this Tag? If so, then I'd agree! It would be a nice solution to allow you to quickly modify some of the more important parameters in an object without having to drill down into the settings dialog, whether in 2d or 3d. A bit like a more powerful 'info box', but in the Tag itself.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
cadmaster wrote:
...for example i have an item that i had to draw that isnt in the library.. i want a label to pop up describing what it is... a label does pop up but doesnt say what i need it to
What do you need to the 'Info Tag' to say? It currently gives the name of the object, the base elevation, and the layer the object is on when in 2d.

Are you asking to be able to display and edit (some of) the parameters of the object through this Tag? If so, then I'd agree! It would be a nice solution to allow you to quickly modify some of the more important parameters in an object without having to drill down into the settings dialog, whether in 2d or 3d. A bit like a more powerful 'info box', but in the Tag itself.
Also, anything you select will show it's settings in the info palette, and there is even more displayed in the "Element Information" palette.