Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Cinema 4D overview

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm looking for an overview of how the C4D - archiCAD plugin really works ie. the workflow from c4d concept to modelling details in archicad, then perhaps how you might update a c4d render scene with a changing archicad model.

Everything I've found is generally sales jargon on how effective it is without the ins and outs of workflow. I've searched the forum but can only find troubleshooting information. So if anybody could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful. Apologies if I'm missing anything obvious!

Thanks,

Simon
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps somebody here could help then - without an external source?

I'm really just hoping to understand the advantages of c4d and archicad over say 3ds max. The practice I'm with currently use Maxwell to generate photo-realistic visuals, straight from ArchiCAD. But Maxwell has no real modelling capabilities and lengthy render times. A solution which will model, animate and render would be ideal - particularly one that might allow us to update the modelled information but retain a set-up render scene.

Any suggestions or information at all would be really useful. Thanks again
ares997
Contributor
C4D is a great method to create images but as all things it requires jumping in the pool before you can swim.

I started with these [removed by moderator] courses and found myself quickly understanding what I could do with a Archicad models. I think that there is a Graphisoft tutorial that explains the work flow.
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Sorry ares997, I removed the link from your post because it just sounds so much like a covert Ad to me.
The original question was not related to C4D itself, but the AC-C4D workflow specifically.

If you want, put a post in the Ads Forum about it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27