Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

i am new to archicad from working in revit. i am having problems creating a curtain wall to go up multi story. in revit i would just select the wall and click which story i would like it to go up to. is this function allowed in archicad if not how would i do it.

i have attached a picture, i am trying to get the curtain wall to go up to the top

thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
First, I think you forgot the attachment
Second, please add your signature at the bottom, just to know your OS and ArchiCAD version.
Last, in curtain setting dialog, you can set the height of your curtain wall.

Try and good luck

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome to ArchiCAD osue07! I first learned how to work with the curtain wall tool in ArchiCAD version 12 last year despite being a user for 5-6 years. What really helped me understand all the functions was this particular tutorial available for download here. You will get a good grip of it by the time you are halfway through all the chapters. Hope this will help you also.

As for modifying the height of the curtain walls, I've been a huge fan of offsetting the scheme edges in 3D edit mode. You turn off the frame and panel views and turn on the scheme view. That part is covered in one of the earlier chapters of the tutorial I linked.