Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD blinks every time I zoom out or move!

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I try to draw wall its fine but while drawing if I try to pan or zoom the last place where the wall has been it leaves a mark!!! what is that?! When I try to turn 2D Anti Aliasing it works fine, but the lines are too bright almost impossible to see! I've tried to re-install, to turn simplified model view and full model view please help

frozen wall 3.JPG
9 REPLIES 9
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi !

as far as i remeber , it has happened to me when Virtual Trace was activated but every thing became ok once i'v placed the wall ...
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
TMA_80 wrote:
Hi !

as far as i remeber , it has happened to me when i have virtual trace activated but every thing is ok once i place the wall ...
I can place the wall alright, but it blinks and too many lines are shown and it makes me wanna smash the damn pc
TMA_80
Enthusiast
you may try to update your graphic card driver ..maybe.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
TMA_80 wrote:
you may try to update your graphic card driver ..maybe.
When I used XP it worked fine, antialiasing or not, ever since I installed win 7 i have this prob. thanks anyway
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to say that I have a very similar problem when I changed to win 7, with anti aliasing turned off. When viewing a plan in 2D and zooming in and out I had lots of glitches with lines and objects disappearing. As soon as I turned anti aliasing on its been fine so far.
Anonymous
Not applicable
upintheclouds wrote:
Just to say that I have a very similar problem when I changed to win 7, with anti aliasing turned off. When viewing a plan in 2D and zooming in and out I had lots of glitches with lines and objects disappearing. As soon as I turned anti aliasing on its been fine so far.
Yes with anti aliasing you don't have a blinking and moving problem, but you have a viewing problem, the lines are too difficult to find. have you tried something else?
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, no problems seeing the lines, everything is fine.
what screen resolution are you running at?
im using 1024x768
Anonymous
Not applicable
upintheclouds wrote:
No, no problems seeing the lines, everything is fine.
what screen resolution are you running at?
im using 1024x768
I'm using 1400x900 and on another PC 1920x1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
First of all update your driver of you videocard. If that does not work try to change the hardware acceleration. This you can find in Options/Work Environment/Advanced redraw options. Set this switch one step to the left and then try working again. If it does not work do another step, and so on.