Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Laser Printer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello-

Its been a while since I have posted on these forums... so long I forgot my username and password...

anyways. Has anyone converted their 3d model into 2d for applications like laser plotters? (that can cut and score)

I have an assignment coming up soon and Im curious what Im getting myself into
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
A start would be to find out what file formats the machine you plan to use takes.

Also add your OS and archicad version to your profile.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks-

The printer uses basically two colors to plot. You assigned your lines to either one of the color. Blue cuts, cyan scores.

It has to be flat 2d drawings... I have seen people in the past use tools in Rhino that flatten objects down to 2D. Does archicad have anything like this, that will flatten all walls down like almost like an interior schedule?
Erika Epstein
Booster
grad wrote:
Thanks-
It has to be flat 2d drawings... I have seen people in the past use tools in Rhino that flatten objects down to 2D. Does archicad have anything like this, that will flatten all walls down like almost like an interior schedule?
No, Archicad does not have that capability; I have seen it in other software.

You can export views of your model as DWG, or export your model as .3ds format to Rhino or other software that does this. Check what 3D FILE FORMAT these software accept.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"