BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

composite walls vs. complex profiles behave differently

Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm trying to use complex profile walls to model a project but am having issues with the intersections of walls where multiple leafs are involved (e.g. cavity walls).

i'm aware of the wall/skin priority issues and so as a comparison i set up equivalent walls as both complex profiles and composite walls. i've checked, and as far as i know priorities for each type are the same (10 for render, 12 for brickwork and 14 for cavity). All other settings are the same for each wall (i modelled them with complex profiles, copied them and just changed the complex structure to a cut fill composite).

the results can be seen in accompanying image; composite walls clean up as expected with continuous cavities; complex profiles...not.

i'd appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this or can tell me what i'm doing wrong.

thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
i almost wrote - half baked command but everything works at my place
i created complex walls first...assign priority to skins...and it works
then i capture profiles,create complex profile and it works
check pics...I even edit complex profile wall and it works

I don't know how to help you. If you didn't make any "human errors" it suppose to work
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the response;
it actually helps to know that it's probably human error; makes the process of searching for the problem seem less futile when there's a chance that it can be fixed and is not a bug.
Anonymous
Not applicable
kombibob wrote:
thanks for the response;
it actually helps to know that it's probably human error; makes the process of searching for the problem seem less futile when there's a chance that it can be fixed and is not a bug.
if you want you can send your file with your walls on my email necko77@gmail.com and i will see what is wrong . . . then i will be able to hp
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks necko;

i went through the settings for the complex profiles again, one by one, and they're working fine now.
Learn and get certified!