Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

PROJECTING lines from a trellis in the floor bellow

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to have the wood members from a trellis to be shown w/ DASHED LINES in the 1st floor and SOLID LINES in the 2nd floor?

I have those members placed in the 2nd floor, and I configured them to show in HOME STORY AND 1 STORY DOWN but the graphics are the same to both floors, I would like to have them projected in the 1st floor since they are not physically there.

The way around I found is to just duplicate information (which I hate to do) and have the trellis traced with dashed lines in the 1st floor. If any change is done to the trellis I need to remember to go back to the 1st floor and change dose traced lines. (Not only this is not productive but also it gives chance for errors.)
8 REPLIES 8
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Try going to the options menu, project preferences, construction elements. You can change the line types there.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Stephen,

This is the way it is configured but it stills not showing the lines projected in the floor bellow. Any idea of what the problem could be?
Tks.
F.S.
AC.png
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Sorry-I thought that would do it. No other ideas. What tool did you use for the trellis?
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
beams
Anonymous
Not applicable
If possible, try a slab or a roof. They display correctly
(dashed lines) on stories other than home story.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok. thak you all...
Erich
Contributor
You can try this part that I am writing specifically to do trellis'. While not yet complete, it works fairly well.

It has an option to change the line type on the level below the home story.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Waw this is perfect!! How do you built this? in ArchiCAD?
Thank you so much Erich.
F.S.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!