Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mystery of the missing wall end line. Why dunnit? {solved}

Anonymous
Not applicable
Despite having "Floor Plan and Section > Wall end lines" set to "Both", I'm missing the end line on this uncut wall in a view.

Any ideas as to why, and how to show it?

Thanks.

missing end wall line.png
9 REPLIES 9
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Pete:

One thing to check is whether the wall is intersecting another wall on a hidden layer that has the same Intersection Group number.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
One thing to check is whether the wall is intersecting another wall on a hidden layer that has the same Intersection Group number.
Nope, nothing anywhere near it, on any other layer nor storey.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bump!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it a Composite wall? Check you don't have Skin End Lines set to Hide in the composite's settings.
Picture 1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brilliant, Stuart - That was it! It was a composite - an existing one that I'd modified - so it was obviously set to "hide" from the previous definition. I hadn't noticed that you could set the end line behaviour from the composite - something learn't from the forums, yet again! So many thanks for the suggestion
Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy to help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
Is it a Composite wall? Check you don't have Skin End Lines set to Hide in the composite's settings.
sorry maybe it sounds silly,i am new archicad user. but where is that dialog box you attached is located? i cant found it. i use archicad 20
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
galih sabdo aji:

That post is from 7 years ago, so the interface has changed. In the Composite Structures dialog box, the 3rd from left column has a check box for showing/hiding the end line of each skin. In the Help files see:User Interface Reference > Dialog Boxes > Composite Structures Dialog Box.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
This is it in V20.

Barry.
wall_skin_end_line.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11