Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior elevations and section inconsistent with plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
The interior elevations that I am producing with my interior elevation tool are inconsistent with my plan. Sometimes doors and walls are off by a few inches and sometimes by fractions of an inch.

So I have to go over them and check their accuracy.

Do you know what may be causing this?

My walls seem to be connected to each other and the zones are snapped onto them.

The same inaccuracy happens (but much less often) when I use the section tool to produce sections.

Fortunately, perfectly accurate elevations and section do happen from time to time (very rarely).
6 REPLIES 6
Erika Epstein
Booster
without screen shots of your view settings I am guessing

"some are off fractions of an inch" such as the thickness of gyp bd.?

"sometimes several inches" such as missing the brick veneer or a furred out wall?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
rgarand
Booster
Sounds like something to do with automatic or manual updates. Check your settings within the tools.
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps go to one of your layouts and select a drawing that is inaccurate.

Then go into its setting(right click) to make sure that the scale/magnification is as you require. Sometimes scale can be accidently changed when you are positioning a drawing on the layout.

Also check the scale of the view that was dropped on the layout.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all! The scale should be fine, the height is correct. The settings look good.
As for the finishes, good call, I have a chance to do a new set of interior elevations tomorrow. I will see if it happens again.
ares997
Contributor
I just changed my zone number's which are linked to my interior elevations markers though I can't seem to get the interior elevations to update their zone number to reflect the zone number that they recently have been changed to. Any suggestions?
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
ares997
Contributor
One solution is to move the IE Marker with all of the markers with it out of the area and back in. Though it seems like there should be a simpler method. Any input would be great.
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)