Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Magic Wand Not Activating

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was a archicad 12 user and have recently downloaded archicad 13, My space bar function to wand does not work. Instead it activates quick select. I have tried to change keyboard shortcuts and even uninstalled archicad and reinstalled. Not sure what is going on here, I have no button that will bring the wand up for selection. Please help.
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
jonahklein wrote:
I was a archicad 12 user and have recently downloaded archicad 13, My space bar function to wand does not work. Instead it activates quick select. I have tried to change keyboard shortcuts and even uninstalled archicad and reinstalled. Not sure what is going on here, I have no button that will bring the wand up for selection. Please help.
With the arrow tool active, spacebar does not provide the magic wand (which is a tool-oriented feature) - it toggles the selection mode, as you've seen. Select a tool such as the wall tool and press the space bar and see what happens...

Note that wish any tool selected, pressing the shift key temporarily switches to the selection tool. So, you cannot do a shift-spacebar either. Just a spacebar with a modeling tool active.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got it now, I think It was a bug when I installed Archicad, I uninstalled and turned off all firewalls and virus protection, installed, and updated. Now functions flawless.

Thanks for your input.