BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Color Import

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have digital color swatches from a paint manufacturer. How do I import them into AC 12 for Mac so I can use them with the Materials?

Thanks.

Dave
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is no built-in way to import material data that I know of(though ArchiCAD does automatically create materials from imported models). The options would depend on what format the color swatches are in.

If they are in a human readable text format it would be possible to write a GDL part that could open it, parse the text and create material definitions.

The tedious approach would be to enter the RGB values manually. Assuming you can get them from the e-swatches. It is best to use RGB exclusively when setting colors in ArchiCAD as it doesn't understand other color spaces/pickers (HSB, CMYK) very well.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Mathew,
Thanks for your quick response. Here is a sample name of one of the color sets: Perfect Palette Yellows(DE5308-5503).aco. Apparently this can be loaded
directly into AutoCAD.

Your solution is very similar to what I have been using in the past. I open and load the file into Photoshop. Note the chosen RGB values of the selected colors and input these info in the Material Settings window.

I was hoping AC had a better option. Thanks again.

Dave
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd be interested to take a look at the options. I'm working on some materials templates for a client right now and figuring out a way to directly import paint colors could be quite handy.

If you'd like to send me a sample, PM me and I'll send you an email address.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume you are referring to the color set file. How do I PM you?
Anonymous
Not applicable
DaveTex wrote:
I assume you are referring to the color set file. How do I PM you?
Hi Dave,

Press the PM button below the post of the person you want to sent the Private Message to.

Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.
Learn and get certified!