Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

I can't edit my text

Anonymous
Not applicable
For some unknown reason, all texts made with the text tool are not editable, once typed I can't no longer change it. Double click does nothing, even if i have the Text Tool on. Also when I move them they seam to split in half, but once i zoom out or pan it repairs itself... does anyone have an idea what can I do to fix it?
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
tatirocha wrote:
For some unknown reason, all texts made with the text tool are not editable, once typed I can't no longer change it. Double click does nothing, even if i have the Text Tool on. Also when I move them they seam to split in half, but once i zoom out or pan it repairs itself... does anyone have an idea what can I do to fix it?
Were you able to edit them before? Have you installed a service pack lately? What version of Archicad are you on?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, i was able... and i'm still able to do it with the label tool! It is only the text tool that doesn't work... the rest is fine...
Anonymous
Not applicable
ohhh... i'm on archicad 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Since you mention double clicking I am guessing that you had the arrow tool set to select when clicking within the bounds of an element (the little magnet icon in the Info Box) and have since turned that off.

The double click to edit text only works when that setting is turned on. Otherwise the text has to be selected and the text tool active; then you get an I-beam cursor in the text block.