BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door Label Position

owen
Newcomer
I'm trying to create a new door label from scratch which will use the Zone and Object ID for the number which will run along the door leaf. The only part of this i cannot work out is the logic of AC's label positioning.

I've spent much of this afternoon looking through posts regarding label positioning but haven't quite found (or at least understood) a solution .. so sorry in advance for yet another post about this.

One topic particularly useful is this

However i'm not sure if the label position logic is different depending on what is being labeled because what I found when creating my label was the coordinate array was the opposite of what Frank and the others in that post have found. That is x1,y1 (LABEL_POSITION[1][1] & [1][2]) gave the anchor location of the marker, with the 2nd being the coordinates of the midpoint and the 3rd being the final coordinates of the arrowhead (see attached image).

Using the script below I have managed to reset the markers position to the center of the door ... almost:

resetx=LABEL_POSITION[2][1]+LABEL_POSITION[3][1]
resety=LABEL_POSITION[2][2]+LABEL_POSITION[3][2]

ADD2 resetx,resetx

This moves the marker to the location in the second image (Text Anchor is 3 .. moving it somewhere else after i get this right). Relative to the center of the door on the reference line of the wall this position is 0,0.207 or 207mm back from the reference line.

I cannot work out what this 207mm dimension is generated by. It is not affected by wall thickness, door frame thickness, rotation ... nothing I have tried in the wall or door settings has had any effect on this.

My understanding is the above position reset should have positioned the label anchor at the center of the door, on the wall reference line.

But im obviously missing something .. any ideas what this is?
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why are you using the label tool instead of a door/window marker?

The label position parameters are a bit mind boggling. The door/windor marker subtype appears by default at the center of the opening (which is the internal local origin of the door/window).

Programming the marker to align automatically with the door leaf is very tricky (I still haven't had time to sort it myself). The simplest way to do it is with two parameters for XY and one for angle with some dynamic hotspots to allow the user to fit it up properly.
owen
Newcomer
Matthew wrote:
Why are you using the label tool instead of a door/window marker?
Thanks Matthew,

Thats a very good question ...

NFI!

Fortunately i hadn't spent much time yesterday actually working on the script, more just researching all the posts i could about labeling, generating door numbers from zones etc - this is my first go an writing any label type objects.

Unfortunately none of them pointed out the bleeding obvious!
Matthew wrote:
Programming the marker to align automatically with the door leaf is very tricky (I still haven't had time to sort it myself). The simplest way to do it is with two parameters for XY and one for angle with some dynamic hotspots to allow the user to fit it up properly.
We already had a marker which did this but it was actually part of the doors 2D script. It was done this way at the time as noone had any idea how the markers worked nor the time to work it out. Maintaining this in all the door objects we use isn't very efficient so im now trying to fix it. We'll see how it goes ...
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Learn and get certified!