BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

complex walls and window/door problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been working with the complex profiles to create trim and some walls but can't seem to get any windows or doors to aper in plan view if I have more than one layer where the window penetrates. I would love to get the walls to show the interior sheetrock, exterior ply and siding along with bottom and upper plates. I have been able to create walls with the plates and they work but once the wall layers become more complex I end up with problems. The windows show up in elevation and 3-d but on the floor plans they show up as dots like when a library part is missing. Does anybody know how to make this work??
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you played with the controls in the complex profile that define how a window is placed in the wall? Do the windows work correctly in other complex profiles that came with AC10? At first I thought it had to do with your window floor plan display, but the dot seems to indicate otherwise. Is the window floor plan display set to symbolic or something else?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David.

Check out my post.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=10903&highlight=ac10+profile+wall

I haven't found a fix yet...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, turning off the trim doesn't change the problem for me. I have tried turning off every aux. setting and changing every other setting to see if I stumble on something. I haven't.

As far as changing the macro. How do you extract the library? I've done it before but can't remember the process.

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I found it. Extract a container command for AC10 Library.
Had to add it to one of my menus via work environment.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have turned off the trim and it did not help. I have also used only windows provided in version 10 and they show up as dots in plan view. I did try the windows from library 8.0 and believe it or not they worked but are very limited with regard to design. I have also gotten the script errors with regard to trim on line 147?

I think it is simply an error
Anonymous
Not applicable
Changing the macro seems to have worked like a charm.
I will start experimenting a bit with it but it looks good so far.
Anonymous
Not applicable
And if anyone is wondering. I found the new menu command "create a container" works to re-compress the altered library to .lcf file.
Learn and get certified!