BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule Quantities in AC 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I previously posted about objects not quantifying properly in AC9. If I chose the option to show identical items as a single line, it would randomly give me wrong quantities. The answer I received at the time was 'yup - its got a bug'. So, I found a way around this, and it now works fine.

However, previously (in AC 9), the door and window schedules were outputting the numbers correctly. But now in 10, I have, say, 6 Trapazoid windows that are identical. So I choose the 'Show uniform items as a single entry' option and it shows only a single quantity. But if you .......

wo - ok - now its just being odd. I just went back to verify this, and the numbers are correct. Check this out:

I open my 'window Schedule' from my navigator and it shows a list of windows, the quantities being randomly incorrect. - I have the 'Show uniform items....' checked. I decheck the 'uniform' checkbox and it changes to a long list of individual windows. I recheck the uniform option and the quantities are all correct. What?

I'll assume bug unless someone can show me what I'm doing wrong. But now knowing this, I'll 'work around' this one just the same as my earlier workaround.

ok - another change - I was just verifying again and I found another problem. Even though, after rechecking the 'uniform' option, I now see the correct numbers, when I do the 'save as', it is outputting the initial list of numbers with the wrong numbers. AGHH Someone please tell me I'm doing something wrong here? Please?

And as I side note, I really enjoyed the ability to simply 'export to excel' option that 9 had. I can't find that anywhere in 10 so now I have to 'save as', open the file and then copy and paste the data into my estimator spreadsheet. Just adding more steps to the process. Anyway around this?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem.Even after checking and unchecking ""üniform""
there are still incorrect items.Tell me please how did you 'work around' this problem as you have told?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Levon wrote:
Tell me please how did you 'work around' this problem...
Levon, I don't know why/how it works, but the way I work around it is to actually letter/number each of the windows according to their sizes/types. After ensuring that each window has an ID and has the same ID as others that are the same as that one, I then close the scheduler and reopen it. I check and uncheck the 'uniform' option and watch the numbers closely. So far, after ID'ing each window accordingly, the quantities are coming out correct.

This is a bit of a time killer when I don't need an actual window schedule with correct IDs, but it saves time from trying to count them up by hand/in my head and prevents errors and omissions.

If you find a better way - please let me/us know.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks sirduncan productions.I"ll try.but itwould be better that somebody
of moderators or Grphisoft answered to this question is it a bug or we are doing something wrong?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm guessing a bug seeing how there has been no answer on here when normally there are answers.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks sirduncan productions.I"ll try.but itwould be better that somebody
of moderators or Grphisoft answered to this question is it a bug or we are doing something wrong?
Learn and get certified!