BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad and macbook ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there!

I'm looking for new apple laptop. I'm going to carry it from home to work allmoust every day and that's why I like that it could be as small as possible. Macbookpro would be perfect, but it's too big. Macbook is othervise so nice and beautiful, but has bad GMA 950 - graphics prosessor. You can add 2G memory so memory is not the issue...

I'm doing most of my work in 2D, sometimes I do perspectiv drawings in 3d but not very often. I'm going to use extra display so the size of display doesn't matter.

Does anybody have any experience of running Archicad (or photoshop) in pb?
2 REPLIES 2
TomWaltz
Participant
I ran Archicad on a 12" Powerbook for quite some time. My biggest complaint: Archicad has a LOT of palettes and that is one small screen! If you have an external monitor to hook up at home or work, it's a lot nicer.

I have not run a Mac Book yet, so I cannot say what it's performance would be like.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's true - the size of the screen isn't enough. I am using extra display and I'm more curious about the GMA ship. Does anyone have any experience of using archicad with that? (Macbook)

Rumours says that there could be new small MBP coming in january... That would solve my problems - I just dont want to wait for that (if it's even coming)

thanks anyway
Learn and get certified!