Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

custom somponent

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI!!

mm first i tried to search... but didn't find any thing!! thats why iam asking

ok its a perfcet thimg to have custom component " like custom door panel"

i mean we don't have to start from a scratch!! we just add to these objects!!

ok foor doors and windows its working

but i am supposed to be able to do the same thing with other details " like knobs, water taps, and other details"

ok i am creating it and saving it propely..but i can't find it in the objects!!

like i saved " ican't remember the name..but for sure its the right type for a sink for kitchen cabinet " but when i open the properties of the cabinet i can't find something like custom???where i find these things? i mean foor door panels its easy

can any body help??

thanx!!

and djordje i know u like this

i am using MabBook 2.0"something" and using AC10
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
helllo!!!

my friends...!!

any body here??

Djordje
Ace
Correct spelling, capital letters, annotation ...

... do wonders to legibility of a text.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Correct spelling, capital letters, annotation ...

... do wonders to legibility of a text.

sorry? where i am supposed to enter that? i mean for custom door panels i can find "custom" then select the one i've created , but for a kitchen sink..? i cant find custom?

where can i find that option?
Djordje
Ace
Do a search ...

by Karl Ottenstein

Custom panel as keyword
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi... i know i am asking alot... but i have searched the forum... but still nothing about custom components, yes i can create custom door panels, but not tabs, knobs.. or any other types, i create them, save as custom components with the right type, but don't know where to find them i9n the object!! i mean for door panels, there is something called "custom" so i just click on it and pick the name, but not for knobs, or door handles!! the only available are types 1- 2-3-...etc.., there is nothing like custom?

please help
Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to be more specific about which parts you are using and what you are trying to do. You list your location as "near" this doesn't help us understand what library you might be using, etc. To get help you have to give us the information we need to make it easier to figure out and respond to your problem.

In general where library parts give a "custom" component option it requires that you make or find a part that you want to use and then type that name into the parameter. It is impossible to be more specific without knowing precisely what you are trying to do.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok!!

i hope i can make it a litle bit detaild...

i am trying to create a new handle for a door , so i model it .. i save as a custom component "Custom DW Hardw Component"...

but after that? i don't know where to use it!! when i open doors settings i only have the old list with nothing like " custom" option..that i get for door panels..

i mean when i read help files a bout that.. it looked that its the same method for all of these stuff " door panels , window panels ,Custom DW Hardw Component , Custom Object Component , Custom 2D Symbol Component ". but its not!!

at least not for me

for door panels it was easy and actually great.. because i just pick " custom door panel" at the door settings and thats it!!

but for door handels or any other part . like sinks? its not the same way.. i think i have to work with GDL this time? please tell me its not!! or at least its easy!!

Door D1 10 ,?

i hope that i made my problem clear enough to get help from these greate gentelmen at this forum!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
and sorry about location!! i am in middle east using int-version

and the thing that i am missing here? i guess its where to put the custom component name !!?? i mean the parameter, i tried to figuer that in GDL i found a large list with numbers

Draw door frame and leaf
! =============================================================================

!************** Handle Types

IF gs_handle_typ = stHandleType[1] THEN gs_handle_typ_m = 0 ! Off
IF gs_handle_typ = stHandleType[2] THEN gs_handle_typ_m = 1 ! Style 1

something like this!! i am lost!! is it complicated!!??
Djordje
Ace
whatever wrote:
and sorry about location!! i am in middle east using int-version
Where in the middle east?
Djordje

HP Omen