BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Window/Door ID issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's my problem - I would like to give each of my windows and doors a unique ID for the automatic schedule.. why is there no way of getting the numbers to sensibly count up from a certain point and work around the building clockwise or similar.
It only seems to add them up according to when they were placed in the model not where they are in the model.
I have tried selecting different parameters to sort like 'story' and 'direction of wall' but these are no real help, the numbering is all over the show. Looks like the only way to do this is manually change all 144 windows on the project!!
Any ideas?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Do you have zones with room number put in and numbered some sensible way- you could sort the schedule by that.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The Element ID Manager may help you to re-assign the IDs based on certain criteria, however none of those criteria is the geometrical position of the window within the floor plan AFAIK.

I imagine it would be pretty difficult for AC to generally figure out where the windows are placed around a model.

Look under Documentation> Calculation> ID Management in AC Help.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did fear I was expecting Archicad to do the impossible!

I have zones for each unit that are numbered - could you expand on how to use this criteria - thanks
mattjc wrote:
Here's my problem - I would like to give each of my windows and doors a unique ID for the automatic schedule.. why is there no way of getting the numbers to sensibly count up from a certain point and work around the building clockwise or similar.
It only seems to add them up according to when they were placed in the model not where they are in the model.
I have tried selecting different parameters to sort like 'story' and 'direction of wall' but these are no real help, the numbering is all over the show. Looks like the only way to do this is manually change all 144 windows on the project!!
Any ideas?
Thanks
In the past ID's would be assigned in the order the items were selected.
I don't think this works anymore.

You still have some control by the way you move your mouse when you select the items you want to number.

The ID manager works for some thing in model space and sections, and somethings only in model space.

Slabs for example can be numbered in both. Objects can not. (I am not sure if this is true for all objects.) I is true for these nuts.

The ID manager will re-number them in model space but not in a section.

If I select a row of nuts starting with my mouse in the lower right, it will number them one way. If I select them from the opposite direction it will number them a different way.

Perhaps there will be some improvements in the ID Manager in version 12.
It is a very useful tool if you can get it to work.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!