BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

New update problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I installed the 2256 USA update yesterday and today Plotmaker does not work properly.

In Plotmaker, I try to import an Archicad file and it fails stating that Plotmaker cannot run Archicad in the background, please open Archicad and check error manually.

I did, and Plotmaker will not import from Archicad. I can get around this by importing PMK files, but this does not solve the problem long-term.

Any ideas. I have sent this to Graphisoft but I am hoping I can get a fast answer here.

thanks, Grant
5 REPLIES 5
Dave Jochum
Advocate
NOELDESIGNS wrote:
I installed the 2256 USA update yesterday and today Plotmaker does not work properly.
I'm sorry to tell you, but I always hold off upgrading to hear from the "pioneers" (the pioneers take the arrows). Don't mean to make like of your woes--hopefully GS will respond and get you back on track. Can anyone else report with thumbs up or down?
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
aahatimo
Newcomer
grant,
thumbs down. i just tried it, same error message here. and i had ac open.
i sent jeffry c. a link to this post.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
aahatimo
Newcomer
background ac is not opening on my system. i have tried both w/ ac open & not open, same message. yet another really helpful error message!
are any other users experiancing this?
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are not having that problem, yet, but we needed to print another set of CD's and our Epson 3000 simply will not work. Cuts off part of the drawing, prints only a few inches of the first print and then hangs. Will be re-installing older version of plotmaker. This is the last straw. We now have zero confidence in Graphisoft!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Reinstalled AC 8.1v1 and plotmaker works like a champ. How can they continue to screw up, revision after revision? Will now wait a couple of weeks to install V2
Learn and get certified!