Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

A11 Storefront window line colour problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am using the window "W Storefront 5 11" on archicad 11.

unfortunately the transoms, frames and mullions are all showing up in a green line pen and i need it to be black, even though i have gone into the objects properties and changed all the pen colours to black, it is still green.

this means on my coloured elevations, the windows outlines will all be GREEN!

the same happens on almost all other archicads default windows and doors (which i find very annoying), but usually the settings can be changed to black.

for some reason this one is stuck in green? should i just bin it off and use a different window which has been scripted properly in the first place, or can this one be changed?
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
percybigun:

Under W Storefront 5 Settings > 3D there are two pen parameters (Frame Pen and Glass Pen) that determine the pen selections in 3D. Could you post a screen shot of your problem?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes i've changed both those to black and it still comes out green

heres a screenshot
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
percybigun:

In the window dialog box, under Floor Plan and Section > Symbol & Outline > Enable Object's Pens checked or unchecked?

Also, for pen settings in the 3D window, it is easier to see if you set your 3D Engine: Internal Engine, Mode: Hidden Line (but I can see the pen color in your post).

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
that box was ticked, i unticked it and its cured the problem!

many many thanks i'd have never sussed that one out, your a star
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
percybigun:

Great! Thanks for letting me (and others) know that worked.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture