BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D Rotate

Anonymous
Not applicable
how can i do a 3d rotate?

i have an object (a guitar) that is oriented as if it was going to sit on a table, and i need to rotate it so that i can hang it on a wall.

im lost.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
If there is not already a parameter for this in the part you can add it in the Library Part Editor. Depending on its orientation this will require a "rotx" or a "roty" transformation with an argument of either 90 or -90 degrees at the beginning of the 3D script. If the 2D script does not already use a "Project2" statement this will also be needed.

I realize this may be more than you are prepared to get into. The other way is to make a 3D elevation view of the guitar looking from the direction you want to be the top view and use File > Libraries & Objects > Save 3D Model as... to create a new guitar part to hang on the wall.
Anonymous
Not applicable
all that just to rotate an object about another axis? wtf?

i love this program but thats a bit discouraging.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Download Archirotate HERE for free
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
dharch wrote:
how can i do a 3d rotate? i have an object (a guitar) that is oriented as if it was going to sit on a table, and i need to rotate it so that i can hang it on a wall.
OBJECTiVE provides easy tools for rotating and cutting in 3D. Referring to the attached example:
  • 1) Select the object to rotate in the floor plan (Solar Shade Straight 11 in this case), and select the menu OBJECTiVE/Tools/Rotate
    2) Click to define a rotation axis and angle of rotation (you can use Tracker and the standard coordinates palette too if you wish)
When this is complete:
  • 3) The object is shown rotated in plan with hotspots placed around it.
    4) You can also see the rotated object in 3D
Additionally:
  • 5) Once an object has been upgraded by OBJECTiVE (for rotation or splitting), you can also place it directly in the elevation window. ArchiCAD's standard behaviour is that objects placed in elevation only appear in that view, but OBJECTiVE automatically makes it part of the 3D model. It also enables you to rotate or split the object in this view (and the results are also part of the 3D model)

shade.jpg
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
archirotate did the trick. thanks.
Learn and get certified!