BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Section Markers causing crash

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone else having crashes occurring from section markers?
We are using Version 11, Build 1210

I just started having problems with my files; two separate files so far are doing this, and each was started with our office template (which we have been using for several years now).

In my plans, if I try to open a section window, it crashes, and sends a bug report to Graphisoft. I can go to my layout sheets, and from that sheet, do a 'open source view' to get the section open. I can work on it, close it, etc, and the system keeps me in and functional. As soon as I go BACK to a plan view, and try to open any section window again, it crashes.

In the established plan, I then placed a NEW section marker in the file and on the plan. I was able to successfully open up the NEW section window without failure. But, returning back to the other markers, it crashes me out of the file.

I also tried shutting down, and coming back into the file, but unsuccessful in that regard as well.

At this point, I could just go back to my template, and place new markers on it; as well as my other files. Just seems like a lot of work for something that shouldn't be occurring.

Regards-
Kathleen Armstrong, AIA
1 REPLY 1
Erika Epstein
Booster
Kathleen,
A couple of things to check:
-is this a project migrated from an earlier version? If so, load the compatible library of the earlier version down-loadable from the graphisoft site. Or replace the markers with AC11, current version ones.
-Do you have a lot of SEOs? You might try shifting the existing markers to see if that works
-did you send in the bug reports? Get the numbers and have your reseller help you follow up. The bug reports go straight to Hungary.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!