Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Activating ArchiTerra

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have for quite some time had problems installing Architerra, my add-on manager says; The file is an outdated Add-On that cannot be used with this ArchiCAD version.

History;
Changed from pc til mac, used my old serial when installing archicad on new mac. The add ons were then only for windows.
After several other attempts, I was finally adviced to register again as mac-user and waited for a new serial.
But, even after uninstalling archicad and installing it with my new serial, i keep getting this message; The file is an outdated Add-On that cannot be used with this ArchiCAD version.

Any tip is much appreciated

ingrid
5 REPLIES 5
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Which version of ArchiCAD and which version of add-on?
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Karl Ottenstein
Ingrid,

Welcome to archicad talk. I have moved your post from "Hardware" - which it has nothing to do with - to "Other Problems". I have also changed your subject from "add ons" which tells the reader nothing to "Activating ArchiTerra", which is what your problem is.

But, I see Fabrizio has responded even as I was doing that so that your post would be found! 😉

Any problem with a 3rd party license such as ArchiTerra should generally be first addressed directly to the manufacturer - in this case, Cigraph. None of us can help you with the information given - only Cigraph can.

Best regards,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okey, thanks. Sorry for any inconvinience.

I have archicad 11 student on a new mac, and tried installing architerra3.0

I have been in contact with graphisoft and cigraph. Cigraph says I have to talk to graphisoft because I have a student version, and graphisoft now says the reason is probably that there does not excist an architerra3.0 version/update for archicad 11 student on mac... yet.
I tried asking cigraph again, they have not answered. So, wanted to see if the problem was common. But, I guess I have my answer.

I will be more thorough when posting next time

ingrid
Karl Ottenstein
Wow, what a run-around. 😞 But, now you know why it is essential to post your exact version of the software, your platform (windows / mac), etc when you ask a question. 😉

Hopefully, Cigraph will respond. The Cigraph add-ons are linked to the license key for the professional version - and perhaps the same for student version. So, an add-on that was working for one license will NOT work with a different one. You'll have to get a new authorization code from Cigraph.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
And here I am...
funny what Graphisoft told you... it should be interesting to know who (from GS I mean) told you such thing because the student versions of our add-ons are only for ArchiCAD 11... before there were no student versions!!!

What Karl supposed was right:
"So, an add-on that was working for one license will NOT work with a different one"
That means that if you installed a normal-commercial version it won't work under ArchiCAD Student version.

The only way to get the student version is to contact GS... they are the only Distributor and they are available from the same web site from which you download ArchiCAD student versions (together with Artlantis and the CADimage tools).

From what I know there are some country which refused to distribute our add-ons so they are skipped from the EDU Registration We page.

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy