BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

viewing objects in diferent levels

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello

I have a model of a house whith 3 levels. I've placed an object on the ground floor and I'd like it to be visible on the 3rd level plan. The problem is there are only options to view in on the original plan, original plan plus one up or, all plans (I can't use the last one 'cause I´ve got an underground level and I dont want the object to show up there).

anyone can help?
thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You should be able to set the object's home story, then show the object on the home story only. That would make it show up on the third story (only). Is that what you're after?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The object is on the groundfloor and I'd like it to be visible on every floor above but none below!

thank you.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This is only possible with roofs AFAIK.

The only other option I can think of off the top of my head is to copy and paste the object up and turn off it's 3D Detail Level.

Cheers,
Link.
For a 3-story floor plan display, quick and dirty, place it in the middle story (elevate as necessary for correct section display etc.) and display one story up and down.

Scripting a line at the start of the 2D script (if current story height <home story height then end, with the correct global variable names) and showing on all stories would be the clean way. If yours is an international 'third story' and your object needs to display on 4 Archicad stories then this is the only way of doing it with a single object I think.

[I am assuming that you don't have 'Custom' display on stories for objects, I can't check now.]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ignacio wrote:
I am assuming that you don't have 'Custom' display on stories for objects, I can't check now.
Unfortunately the custom option is only available for polygonal elements (roofs, slabs, meshes). I was quite annoyed when I discovered this some time ago. I assume there is some reason for it but this lack of consistency has made it impossible to do some things that I need.

There are other ways to code the GDL but that can be tedious. It's even possible to simulate the custom option, but I'm not sure if a hotspot will still appear on the floors where there is no symbol displayed. I think this was fixed but can't recall for sure.
Learn and get certified!