BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

finding missing library parts in the project . . .

__archiben
Booster
i have a 'missing' library part in one of our projects: "slab on ground PATCH". it's a throwback from the bad old days of a certain draftsperson and i want to get rid of it!

it's no longer in our libraries, so pops up as a missing library part each time the libraries are loaded. i have been through every single plan, section/elevation and detail window with all layers shown and unlocked. can't find the [censored] thing!

does anybody have any tricks up their sleeve for finding something like this? are patches treated differently to normal objects? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume you are using Find and Select?

You could make a dummy patch of that name containing a BBB (big black blob) or anything that makes it big and obvious and easy to delete.
Djordje
Ace
Matthew wrote:
I assume you are using Find and Select?

You could make a dummy patch of that name containing a BBB (big black blob) or anything that makes it big and obvious and easy to delete.
... and make sure to zoom to fit ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
__archiben
Booster
thanks guys.

yes to both: 'find and select' and zoom-to-fit. i've even zoomed into all the areas that i thought might contain it (think it's a slab bearing on ground beams . . .) and doing big sweeping drag selects to see if i could pick up the corners.

haven't tried the big-black-blob method, but that could be a go . . .

thanks
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Djordje
Ace
~/archiben wrote:
haven't tried the big-black-blob method, but that could be a go . . .
Also, did you open all the sections and elevations? Maybe a section had been removed?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
__archiben
Booster
well. the 'big-black-blob' method worked. thanks matthew. slab on ground patch is no more.

can't understand why it wouldn't show when searching for all elements types by name in find and select. i can only think that there is something about the patch attributes that prevented it from showing in the list of available 'named' elements . . .

good riddance!
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Learn and get certified!