Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Insertion point in a Layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
How you insert the dwg on the layout always in the same point?
9 REPLIES 9
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
One way is to trace place the drawing on the first layout (use the same anchor point in the Drawing Default Settings - the center one is good), then use a trace reference of that layout to place your others.

If the node at the center of the layout works for you, you can just use that, as it's the same for each master.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tanks
Can you please be more specific?
Thanks for you patient.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i like to put hotspots on my master layout to define the locations for typical drawings, you can copy hotspots to your plan/elevation views to help define your working area
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
giuseppe wrote:
Tanks
Can you please be more specific?
Thanks for you patient.
Sure, I have lots of patients.

If you can follow the image which is made at different stages of the process.

1. Insert the drawing on Layout 1
2. With Layout 2 active, right click on Layout 1 and select Show as Trace Reference
3. Use the drawing on Layout 1 as a reference for the drawing you insert next on Layout 2, Layout 3, etc.

This can be used as a temporary reference and should negate the use of those pesky hotspots!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Inpratice it'not exit a general and continuos reference point like "0,0,0" you have in autocad.
The consultant screaming because the drawing always is in different location; this was my original problem.
Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is why I like the hotspot method. I place hotspots at the edges of the sheet, the margins, and for title block, keynotes, etc...... then if you copy those hotspots into the plan window you know exactly how much room you have on your sheet so you can make sure you don't have any dimensions, notes hanging off the page, or into your title block. And when you copy them to each story, all your floor plans will be in the same spot on each page. Just make sure your plan window is at the proper output scale when you copy/paste them from the layout, then they will automatically scale to the right size in the plan window.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Again, you can trace reference your layout or master in the model view to see how much room you have.

Despite multiple and convincing requests to GS, the position of the referenced layout, does not dictate the final position of the drawing once placed on the layout.

I still believe that trace referencing is all you need to solve this problem, but I won't keep flogging a dead horse!

Cheers,
Link.
Djordje
Ace
giuseppe wrote:
Hi!
How you insert the dwg on the layout always in the same point?
White the Trace is the new fashion way to do things, I still prefer the old way: hotspots

Place hotspots for the center, two, five, eight, whatever numbers of drawings on the sheet on your Master. That way, they will be there on each layout. Then just snap a placed drawing to it. Unfortunately, the snap does not work when the view is dragged fron the Navigator (and it should)

Trace is fine, as long as it does not put additional burden on your machine and slows you down. Hotspots are instantenous.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to all of you.
I have differents options now. Thanks again