Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

complex profiles & working in 2 windows??

Anonymous
Not applicable
hey all, got 2 questions.

1: i have this complex wall profile done up with the footing attached to the base, so in section it looks correct... but in plan its showing the edge of the footing (see thumbnail below). i want to make this not visible in plan.. i know its possible because in the training class i went to for archicad they showed me how to remove it from showing it in plan.. i just cant remember how they did it
Also in the corner/wall ends, I cant get it to show pen 2, the same as the rest of the wall??

2: are u able to have 2 windows open, say floor plan and 3d view on the one screen and be able to work in one and see the changes happening in the other? Or are u only able to jump between them?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also in the corner/wall ends, I cant get it to show pen 2, the same as the rest of the wall??
iv worked this part out..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi GeNOS,

Try changing the wall to 'cut only' in the walls floor plan display settings.

Arguably, the most 'correct' way may be to separate the actual foundation from the wall using two complex profiles. This would give the greatest flexibility for deciding what should appear where. You could either place the foundation on a different storey (the substructure plan) or just turn it off for the floor plan. Either way they should be put on different layers for ultimate control.

Don't forget to add some hotspots (using the hotspot tool!) to the various corners of the profile, and these will actually show up in section enabling you to snap to them.

Regarding question 2 - No not really! The windows don't update in real-time. You generally have to click in a window by for it to update. The only exception seems to be the floorplan which updates automatically if you edit something in the 3d window, but not vice versa!

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
cheers for that.. definatly helps. ill work with the cut only one unless i run into some problems. then ill have to do like u said and put it all on the foundation plan
Anonymous
Not applicable
i just tried putting the footing on my "foundation story" and on the same layer as my slab. but im still getting that inner edge showing up in the foundation plan.. i tried sending the footing to "back" and the slab to "front" but still no change...

as in teh attachment.. edges A and B i want to be able to see in my foundation plan view, but C i dont want to see....??
slab.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Genos,

In your screenshot it seems that your slab doesn't have a fill...
To cover the footing profile, first you have to create a solid white fill (or with the background color)...
and then send your slab to front.
Anonymous
Not applicable
bingo didnt see the "cover fill" tick box. thanks again