BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mesh elevations help

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have this mesh that I need to be set up sloping from -10m to -5m, but when I input the z height for either outer line, it makes the entire perimeter that elevation, not just that ridge. It seems as if it wants me to input the exact z height for each node if I want it to behave like it should...any ideas what Im doing wrong?

Scheme 1 _ 1. 1st FLOOR.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
This is because 2 of your contours are part of the outer boundary of the mesh. As I don't know what you are trying to create with the mesh I don't know if you can add some mesh to either end so that the upper and lower contours are not boundaries any longer but included within the mesh. Then it would be fairly easy to do as you describe. Otherwise you will need to do exactly as you describe and edit each node.

Sorry about that.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
I need both outer lines to be the exterior ones. This basically is just a sloping grade in between two retaining walls (on the flat line sides)
Anonymous
Not applicable
How about just putting in paper thin mesh along retaining walls, would that now allow not having to adjust each node?
Bier
Anonymous
Not applicable
that worked well enough for now...may be back later with more detail on what i may need to do but as of now that works fine for simple conceptual viewing...thanks all!
Learn and get certified!