BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

hotlinked modules as a 3d workspace

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would it not be great to have a 3d workspace that you can use as a hotlinked module.
you can work in the 3dmodel or in a 3d workspace. When you place a 3d/2d workspace in 3d model is gets linked. In the 3d workspace you can traceview de total building.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I like the idea of that! A bit like independent worksheets for 3d stuff.

I could see it being quite useful for putting together little 3d details or junctions, like detailed stair components for example, without cluttering up the floorplan or keeping them in a separate file.

I don't like the idea of having 'fake' storeys or an area to the side of the main model to keep bits on. Not very BIM-like when you think about it, so a separate area would reinforce that concept.

The ability to hotlink those into the main model could be a very powerful addition.

Where do you stop? If you could give each 3d workspace a predefined label so it knows what it is, eg a window or a door, the 'module' on the floorplan could behave as such, and inherit wallhole cutting properties, and skin turning behavior. That is probably heading into in the realms of fantasy though!
Djordje
Ace
Yes!

Live 2D worksheet (that is dead for the time being ... and Revit has the live one, OUCH!) and a 3D worksheet.

Another way of in place module editing?

Curtain wall editing, anyone? Same approach?

Hmmm ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!