Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stupid Garage Doors Open Stupid in 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, has anyone figured out how to make garage doors open correctly in 3D, cause mine open straight up and shoot through ceilings etc. and I think it is pretty lame-o.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jess
Which one of the six standard AC garage doors are you using, and screen shot of setting that is making them shoot straight up?
Bier
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was about to promote Door and Window builder again, but see that the lower panel of a sectional door remains vertical when open beyond a certain point.

At least it has separate settings for opening in Section or in 3D.
garage door.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are my door issues.
They will also be on the wish list part of this forum.
Anonymous
Not applicable
MANY THINGS don't work in version 12 like before. I have been with archicad since version 6.5. In this version arched opening in doors the curve resolution doesn't change when you change the number it will still not look like a curve. it works on a full opening but if you use it to put a small curve in a drop beam(wall) like around the top of a country porch where you just want a small arch you get a three line arch in a 6 or 8' openings-- doesn't look very good
garage doors that have a panel look now you cannot add horz. panels (a three panel door doesn't look to good 16' wide)- its greyed out in the selections. Guess i have to load version 11 lib at least they work.